RetroMacCast

Where great old Macs live again!

Retro Mac Tech Support (224)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HDI-20 and HDI-30 are compatible?

Does anyone know if HDI-20 and HDI-30 are compatible? I have a PowerBook 520c that has HDI-30, and want to get an external floppy drive, bu…

Started by Rick

1 Jan 12, 2016
Reply by Jake Heed

SE/30 won't boot with external SCSI drive on

SE/30 scsi drive issue Here's an interesting one. I have an external SCSI case that holds around a 700MB hard drive and a Zip 100 drive. I…

Started by Rick

5 Jan 12, 2016
Reply by Jake Heed

G4 MDD power supply repair.

I have about six G4 MDD mac from the G4 1.25 to the dual 1.4 versions. I have noticed that four of them have developed the problem of not t…

Started by Jeremy Clayton-Travis

6 Jan 10, 2016
Reply by Jeremy Clayton-Travis

How do I re-image an Intel mac pro

Hi Folks, I have just got my first Intel Mac Pro. It's an A1186, XEON based machine and looks in good shape. My problem is that the hard di…

Started by AndyC

3 Sep 15, 2015
Reply by JustSomeGuy

iMac (Summer 2001) optical drive replacement

Hello Does anyone know of a compatible drive for my old iMac? I know that I can check ebay etc but I would like to know some model number…

Started by Alex Santos

1 Aug 29, 2015
Reply by Phreakout

Correct system tools disk to format non-apple drive

I have both a floppy image from gambas 7.1 or 7.01, i am not sure that has patched hd setup, and i also have the patched hd setup by it sel…

Started by Ben Wallin

1 Aug 29, 2015
Reply by Phreakout

Time for a strategic downgrade?

I'm a life long apple user, my first "mac" being an apple IIc that my dad bought used when I was 5 and I marvelled at a mac like GUI he got…

Started by Brian

1 Aug 29, 2015
Reply by Phreakout

Raspberry Pi and Mini V Mac

Thinking of trying this, but am confused about getting the software on the Pi. Do you connect a usb floppy drive to the Pi to load the soft…

Started by Stephen

4 Aug 3, 2015
Reply by Stephen

Mac SE/30 Network card issue

if you check out my photos from February, you will see my se/30 in a pile ): . But IT IS ALIVE!  I had to replace the crt, scrub motherboar…

Started by Ben Wallin

3 Jul 7, 2015
Reply by John

Anyone recognize this FPD card?

I found this inside a Mac Plus I just got, but I can't find anything short of an old LEM discussion (which I suspect was about this very…

Started by Bradley Mattice

5 Jul 5, 2015
Reply by Bradley Mattice

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by James.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service