RetroMacCast

Where great old Macs live again!

Well, after two years kicking around an idea to get a Mac 512K on a modern network, I've finally got all the pieces together I needed.

I was able to connect a Mac 512K to my iMac running Snow Leopard, as well as iPhones and iPads. This was accomplished by a bridge Mac, where I was able to send the AppleTalk share forward as FTP.

I've got some videos and documentation up on my web site for anyone who's interested.http://web.me.com/nilesmitchell/Mac512k/Welcome.html

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's 3. I'm aware of the differences between ROM01/03 with slots, and what to choose in each case - I even tried setting the 03's slot 2 to Appletalk, and connected the cable to the modem port. Still no happy dots on the top line. But the same cable and similar setup on the 01 works fine!
Ok, got this sorted out. I have a TransWarp in my IIgs... I had tried setting the main system speed to 'slow,' but that backed it all the way off to 1MHz. What I really needed to do was to make sure it was running 'fast,' which is actually normal for the GS... the stock 2.6 or 2.8 MHz. So I needed to disable the TW, but not go too slow. I can remote boot to my hearts content now!
Most excellent. Glad to hear you got it worked out.
Indeed. Thanks to Niles and Ken for your unrestrained and inspirational retro geekery.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by James.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service