I found this article while monkeying around:
I thought you guys would enjoy the fact that police everywhere are just a bit thick when it comes to these things. Strange that we give them guns....
More details are here (from a link in the article above:
Awesome conversation - soon to be found on "Cops Denmark"
- 'We have your roommate's permission to confiscate her computer,' the Ichabod Crane one said.
- 'Whatever,' I said. They had already assured me that we would get our laptops back that afternoon, so I figured the damage had already been done. Ichabod started rooting around under her desk.
- 'Where's the computer?' he said.
- 'On the desk. That's the computer,' I said.
- 'No, the computer.'
- 'That's the computer, dude.'
- 'That's the screen.' He had lapsed into the voice you use when you explain to
your 6-year-old cousin how the toaster works. 'I mean the compuuuuuter. Understand?'
- 'Dude. That's the whole computer. Right there. The blue object the size of an armadillo.'
- 'No. Where the daaaaata goes. The computer part.'
- 'That is the computer. For Hell!' Danish swear words aren't as satisfying.
- 'So that's the entire computer, right there?'
- II was standing there with a look on my face like I was watching a dog walk on its hind legs.
- 'New technology, huh?' he said.
- I blew the dust off the keyboard and handed it to him. 'Do you mind if I check your badge again?'
Maybe we shouldn't let them have guns. Works for the British.