I've completed a small but essential piece of the Banana Jr. The logo for the front of the system turned out better than I expected.
Here is a side by side comparison. As you can see the logo is quite a bit larger but if I had made it any smaller it would have been very difficult to work with. It was made by using some clear double sided tape to adhere the print to the bottom of some plexiglass and then cutting it on a scroll saw. I then rounded the edges with a jewelers file and some fine grit sandpaper.
The proper tool for the proper job! I was dreading having to cut the middle bottom of the metal chassis. with a dremel tool it would have taken my several hours and about twenty of those little cutting disks. Then I remember that a friend of mine had access to a plasma cutter... THIRTY SECONDS later he was done. Woot!