Where great old Macs live again!

Hello,first of all,excuse me,for my not too good english...

I've an old,but in good shape,Apple G3 keyboard. Unfortunatly,on this keyboard,pressing some keys...they leave wrong letter. I.E. if I press, "W" key,it leave "Z". I'd like to try a reparir....but,I've never open a Apple G3 keyboard.... Someone,told me,that I must simply pull out the key,grabbing it with my fingers... But I'm not too shure..

Thank you very much for any kind of suggest. Greetings from Italy

Views: 125


Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello and welcome to you in Italy.
That's an interesting keyboard looks like the 'W' and 'Z' keys have been switched.

That will work... I have a G3 keyboard like yours that I just tried it on, but use a small flathead screw-driver or lever instead. It's much easier than fingers :)

Are you sure you don't just need to switch keyboard layouts? :-)  QZERTY is not a very common keyboard layout outside of Italy; try switching your system to QWERTY instead and see what happens.

Here's the most likely situation:

You live it Italy (Italia), the classic Italian keyboard is QZERTY, however some computer makers (maybe all of them) use QWERTY now, because it's what has become popular in America. I think your keyboard came with QZERTY. All you have to do is switch the keys or change your keyboard layout. What Operating System are you using?

More information:

They keys aren't hard to change, they just pull out as far as I remember, usually from the left side. Do a Google search for instructions in Italian if you need to.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Thanx to everybody,for kindly and fast suggets!!

@ Derek: how I could do,to switch system in QWERTY? My iMac G3 Indigo,was just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4

For OS 10.4 it's in System Preferences / Personal settings - International / Input Menu tab, scroll down to your keyboard.

Thank you very much Dave!




© 2021   Created by James.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service